Sunday 27 November 2011

Didn't want Turkey anyway - not !!

So here we are, 10.30 on Sunday morning and I should be getting ready to go out for my first Christmas lunch of the season, I cant get enough of Christmas lunches. Instead, I am sat here in Queen Elizabeths hospital, Birmingham because my leg has decided to become infected ( not enough Guinness) so I sit here with a canulla in my arm and every 5/6 hours, a nurse comes along to stuff some drug into me. The good news is that apart from a small section of the leg, where one of the skin grafts is a bit iffy, everything else is healing well. There is a slot booked for me in theatre ( not the Hippodrome ) on Tuesday should a decision to re-do the graft be taken, so here I sit in the Burns centre ( not Ward 408 – they wouldn’t have me back, something to do with nurses- I didn’t touch any of them – honestly , your worship ) I’m surrounded by Scots playing bagpipes, jigging over crossed swords and throwing telegraph poles all over the ward with deep fried Mars bars on the menu. Once again, the staff are brilliant, they don’t come across people from Lincolnshire ( none of them know where it is ), so I’m leaving a lasting impression, so they remember Lincolnshire folk – apologies for anyone who follows!! Desperately hoping to get out before Thursday because I have something very important that I want to do, but my fate rests with the medics.  Blog again soon – Chris

1 comment: