Thursday 3 November 2011

Latest Update

This coming home business has taken a little more out of me than I thought, but I am sleeping properly now,( especially the nights I get to have a can of Draught Guinness ), eating well, albeit a little slowly and my speech is coming on to the extent that I can hold a conversation for a short while ( after around 10 minutes, I run out of steam due to my brain wanting to talk and the lack of pressure within my windpipe, which is still healing, makes me run out of breath ). Nevertheless, I feel good, the brain is starting to get bored and I have had a couple of very steady walks around the bungalow. the stick has gone as far as inside the house is concerned, but I promised Lynn I will take it with me when I go for my walks.
Yesterday ,it was back to Birmingham for a review. Despite the long day, it was a resounding 'thumbs up ' from the surgeons, most of which came in to view their handiwork. They all seem very pleased with what they have done- I'm really impressed- There was a bit of banter between a couple of surgeons who reconstructed either side of my jaw. One side is still a bit more puffed up than the other, but the swelling is going down daily ( I could still frighten the local kids ). The leg is healing well where the section of bone was removed and the skin grafts taken.The District Nurses removed the last of the stitches this morning and then took pictures for their training sessions. I dont remember ever being photographed so much, all different parts of my body, but I have said from the start that I know that this is not common , so I am more than happy to be photoed , prodded . examined, whatever is required to help spread the knowledge.
It looks highly likely that, as soon as the wounds heal, I will have to undergo a course of chemotherapy, but , as the chemical analysis of all my parts has not yet been concluded, a final decision has not yet been made. However, if it is necessary, then they are going to try to get that job done in Lincoln to save travelling. We should know better next Wednesday.
Thats all for now, folks. Thanks again for all your support, it really has been overwhelming.
Kind regards
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment