Friday 14 October 2011

Getting closer

A four and a half hour round trip to Birmingham to spend 4 and a half minutes on the CT scanner. This was not the pleasant CT scan I had a few weeks ago, it was one of those where dye is injected in through a candula or whatever it is called. the nurses were very good when I explained my wimp-like dislike of needles especially when I showed them the bruises from Tuesdays efforts and used minimum needle size and the left arm. The dye gives a sensation of getting very warm and wanting to pee, but I had to lay very still while I was being scanned through the doughnut and the sensation had gone off by the time the candula was taken out. Traffic was crap - 5.00 pm in Birmingham is not to be recommended. Lynn accused me of making inappropriate comments as all she could hear was female laughter in between the instructions to  'breath in - hold it- breath normally '. They were just good fun.
Still not looking forward to Sunday, but its got to go .
Simon will be posting the updates until I am well enough to do it myself. It had better not be too damning or else I'll write him out of my will .

No comments:

Post a Comment