Thursday 27 October 2011

The boy is back in town.

 Good Morning to any of my readers. Good news and bad news. The good news is that I am back well enough to write my own blog.The bad news is that I will be depressing you all over the next few days as I fill in the blanks during the very dark days over the last week or so. My face has now reduced in size. It was the size of a bankers wallet, that is five times bigger than it should be.It is now normal size above the cheekbones but still twice the size below the cheekbones.Last night I was able to sleep on the side of my head for the first time- there was no way that Lynn was going to let me go home sleeping on my back -whilst it remains very swollen and there is little or no feeling in my jaw, I can move it, I can talk with a little fingering over the traccy hole and I can eat. So all bodily functions in some form of working order.Expecting to be set free tomorrow providing that my leg heals ( thats the bit they sliced off to form my new jaw. They did do an 'after' scan to check that they had taken the sock off before they used it.The dressing was taken off for the first time yesterday ( and immediately re-wrapped). It is intended to take it off again today, remove each alternate staple to see if the bleeding has stopped properly then a walking up stairs test with the physio ( despite the fact that I live in a bungalow ).If that goes well, I,m gone, so wish me luck.
Thanks to all those who have left me messages on various medium,it really has helped when Simon and Lynn have come in and told me who has posted what.
Thanks again- hope to post again tomorrow
Chris

8 comments:

  1. It is good to see that you are up and around and (hopefully) causing mayhem [ie back towards something like normal]. Lynn will have her hands full when you can walk up the stairs!
    Hope that you can both keep it going and you can return home asap.

    ps what's the new accent?

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afternoon Chris, it is nice to see that you are well enough to be back on your blog and recovering well. We understand that the builders are installing a new staircase on the outside of your house, not sure which consultants were doing the design but it will look good when its done so that you can practice walking up stairs. You need to be home soon as the village Christmas tree will be waiting for its lights in a few weeks time. Best regards Robert & Margaret and all at Inter-Lec Ltd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris....

    Good to hear that you are recovering from your op, all the very best for a speedy recovery. best wishes from David Dodds, Steve Ross and all in the Environment Team at ELDC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris,
    Great to see that you are back on the keyboard again. Really hope it's not too much longer before you are allowed out of hospital to go home where you can at least be spared the stair practice. Best wishes. SueK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent news...........Crossing our fingers for good news tomorrow............Stuart, Dawn and all the gang

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris,
    Great to see you are on the road to recovery. Keep up the good work. You still owe me a pint of guiness. Regards ColinH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really good to have you back on-line, Uncle Chris. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. Watch out for those special bungalow stairs!
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chris, Should have got in contact before now but i'm almost as good as you with modern technology. Very pleased to read that you are about to be released!.
    I will try other ways to contact you but in the meanwhile all the very best. Dave Fullwood

    ReplyDelete