Wednesday 12 October 2011

The Dreaded day gets closer

11th October- Another early start for another trip to Birmingham QE for a 10.30 appointment. Traffic is awful through A46 roadworks and M6. Our usual 2 and a quarter hour journey takes 3 hours and ,guess what, I'm late !! Thats me, late, whoever heard of such a thing. We had rung in to warn them and when we arrived 15 minutes late, the team were there to greet us. A full compliment of dieticians ( told her- no lettuce ), speech therapist ( told her- I didn't want to speak in a Brummie accent ), Councillor ( didn't tell him I used to be one ) and our contact. Long discussions on what to expect and how long things will take. Looks a lot more promising now. I dont think the team knew what to make of me - theres no piont in being miserable, just cos I've got cancer.I've done the 'depression' bit and it doesn't help. Still not sleeping well, but I'm getting more better nights ( if that makes sense ). Anyway. back to QE - met a new nurse, who was probably in her first few days in a new job. It took a long time to make her laugh but we got there in the end. Had height and weight checked ( I've done a camel job and put on a few pounds because I think I might lose a few in the next few weeks- but I fit well into the Green area on the BMI chart. Thats Guinness for you  coupled with a reduction in lettuce since the emd of cricket season !!. Had an ECG - she let me pull off the pads from my hairy chest and swabs for MRSA. Then, the dreaded blood test. It didn't go too well we had 3 attempts before they got enough and I almost fainted on the first go. Much form filling then off home. All set for Sunday morning ?

No comments:

Post a Comment