Friday 1 January 2016

Happy New Year

Good day to you all and my very best wishes for 2016.
Without the efforts of Mr Parmar and his team,I would have been dead for four years. But as I think I've still got some living to do, I'm going to try to stay around for some time yet - hopefully.
2015 was yet another excellent year for me and my family. The retirement, coupled with the jobs I have taken on give me just the right balance of leisure time whilst retaining sufficient time to stretch the brain and further increase my confidence - maybe too much ?
Family are doing well, my grand daughter was one yesterday and is growing daily.Dan and Han have coped really well, despite lack of sleep.Simon is just a few months away from piloting you to Europe and back;and Becky is really good sorting out head of household problems whilst he is away.
I took part in the Head and Neck awareness campaign over the summer but was not overly impressed with the editing.But, I suppose if you stick your head over the precipice, you half expect some bright spark to try and make a fool out of you. If it achieves the aim, I really dont care too much, I'm past worrying about public perception of me or my actions - I guess when you've spent some time as a panto dame, there is not much that fazes you.I'll wait and see what the proposals are for the next campaign. I did learn a lot during the campaign , I didn't know that Head and Neck cancer is the sixth most prevalent cancer and the chances of recovery are very limited unless it is diagnosed early. I am a very lucky boy.
We are about to sort out our Holidays for 2016.We'll probably go for another six between May and October.My golfing exploits are beginning to get me a reputation.Having won the weekly competition three times in five weeks during October/November,I've noticed a number of references to big hats and guns and other bandit references-if you dont play golf you'll not understand the significance.Broad shoulders are required.This years panto rehearsals are going well, I play an escaped prisoner this year so plenty of booing I suppose - Broad shoulders !Trips to see Lincoln football club are much better than previous years. There's usually a more than even chance they wont lose.I got involved in the resurrection of the Supporters Trust, which owns a large percentage of the club.That was really difficult but the working party is well on the way to sorting it out.Had a trip to see Tottenham play Monaco just before Christmas with Simon, but not had chance to see Gainsborough Trinity yet due to fixture clashes.
As far as medical matters are concerned, my 5 monthly appointment has spread to 10 so ,I guess I'm not considered to be much of a problem these days.
Well thats as much as I can tell you now, as you can see its no longer interesting, I'm just getting on with life.It still amazes me how many people read my ramblings - over 14000 now.
Very best wishes
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment