Wednesday 21 August 2013

What a summer

Good evening to you all,
I am amazed at the number of people who continue to read this blog - well over 10000 now. Thank you all for taking an interest.
On the medical front. I continue to visit both my Dental consultant and the team at QE .Birmingham, who fixed me originally, on a regular basis.It may be a four and a half hour round trip but it gives me confidence that I am being kept under close observation by people I know,trust and respect.
 I came clean with my consultant last time out and he agreed to be identified, so, for anyone in similar circumstances, contact Mr.Sat Parmar at Queen Elizabeths Hospital,Birmingham. He is the miracle man who has given me my life back, the chap who organised the operation and led the team which did such a good job that no one can tell that I have had any surgery.
On the social front, I've had an amazing summer, aided and abetted by superb weather. Travelling abroad is a little problematic as insurers are a little jumpy if I admit my medical past so we have had a number of 7 to 12 day breaks in the UK, with a few more breaks planned before the end of the year.
 The golf is going fairly well but the handicap is not reducing as I cant seem to put together a good round. I'm still scoring 30+ regularly in the weekly stableford but that usually includes a good number of blobs, One day it might all come together,
.Umpiring is also going well, I've had a really good reception from teams that haven't seen me for a couple of years and I can now umpire on 2 successive days without any adverse reaction.
I decided to renew my first aid certificate in June and thoroughly enjoyed the course and the banter with the tutor and some other participants.( the sense of humour has not diminished)
We've been placed as runner up in the best kept garden competition in the village which came as something of a surprise as all I've done is keep the grass cut and demolished any weeds which try to invade the borders.
Football season has already begun and Lincoln look promising this year ( how often have I said that?)
On the professional front, I have a couple of part time jobs with local authorities ensuring that elected members adhere to the Nolan principles (the tax man has gleefully taken a great lump of my very small salary). I am assisting a city centre church which helps homeless folk ,by organising and balancing their accounts on a once a month basis ,preparing final accounts for a pensioners club and I have been elected Chairman of our local Parish Council after a 4 year break .
All in all, my life is now back to normal, albeit not quite as hectic as previously but still interesting and challenging.
None of this would have been possible without Mr.Parmars skills, it all looked very glum at one stage.
I will blog again sometime in the future.In the meantime,enjoy the rest of the summer and thanks again for showing interest.
Best wishes
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment