Friday 29 June 2012

At Last

Good Evening All,
Good News. After 8 and a half months, my leg has healed. The wound has finally closed together and, providing I take care of the scab which covers the last little bit and make sure I dont rip open any of the new skin, I've done it - the Guinness has done its stuff and I'm healed ( well, at least my leg is ).No more District Nurse visits, no more dressings, creams and bandages, no more going to bed with a tuba grip from ankle to knee, my leg will have to adjust to nakedness.
The next op.for my gum reconstruction was due in mid-July, but I've had to defer it and am awaiting another slot.
Socially, my official retirement party (2012) took place on Tuesday night. I was over whelmed to see so many work colleagues from all over the Country come to say farewell.I've been very fortunate to work in such an amicable industry and make so many good friends over the years. Now, I have to adjust to early retirement. With the general improvement in my strength and fitness, I should be able to do everything I had planned to do before this setback, just a couple of years earlier than I had originally planned. I'm not certain what path I intend to take for intellectual stimulation, but you can bet I wont be wasting my time.
I will blog again soon, when I know my new date.
Best Wishes to you all.
Chris

2 comments:

  1. It was really nice to see you on Tuesday - and how well you were looking. Its a pity the weather has not let you umpire mutch - Lincoln City will not provide too much intellectual stimulus!

    Keep in touch

    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed Tuesday night. It was great to see you looking and sounding so good after all you have been through. Thanks again for the kind invitation. And really pleased for you that your leg has finally repaired itself. Take care Chris. SK

    ReplyDelete