Sunday 19 February 2012

Another week, another step on the way to full recovery

So here we are, this week marks four months since the operation. Its frustrating that progress is up and down , but given that I was not expecting to eat or talk for many months, I cant complain.
The good news this week is that , for the first time in months, the leg is not infected- the swabs results came back negative, so no anti- biotics. The last week has seen a succession of different District Nurses, as they are short staffed at present, the net result is that the wound has been treated differently by each one, as they all have their own way of dealing with it. The leg is now improving and is now back to the state it was a couple of weeks ago.
Eating is going well, there is very little I cant manage - chips and crisps remain off limits for now, but I can even eat sandwiches now - albeit I dont bite, its more a question of ripping them apart.
Driving is going well, trip to Nottingham last week with no ill effects except for a feeling a bit tired afterwards, but my confidence is back. Going to try a few holes this week if my physio doesn't put a spoke in it tomorrow, it looks like its going to be a good week.
Blog again, next week.
Have a good week
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment