Wednesday 28 December 2011

Happy New Year

Good Afternoon Friends and welcome to my latest offering.
On the medical front, the swelling around my face continues to recede and I can now shave the bits I traditionally keep whisker free. The jaw is still a bit square but I can now feel my jaw line under the swelling and I can see that eventually I will look like me. The mouth has totally healed up although I'm still using the antiseptic mouthwash as not all of the stitches have disintegrated yet. The leg continues to cause concern amongst the medics- its healing very very slowly. the latest attempt involves monitoring of blood pressure in various parts of my body to see if I can stand a compression bandage,whatever that is. Friday may be monitoring day but we will wait and see.
On the social front, I've had a cracking Christmas - Pam told me it would be special - whilst it was almost traditional (except that I wasn't able to take my 2 mile Christmas Day walk), we had a really good time. Dan and Hannah and Si and Beck came for Christmas Day, even though it was partners turn this year,and we had some good games, plenty of food and copious amounts of liquid. Dan tried to get his own back for me landing him with ' Boutrous Boutrous Ghali ' when we played 'Who am I ' 2 years ago. I expected some kickback but even when it came, I got' Banc Ki' Moon faster that he could establish 'Captain Haddock' from Tin-Tin, so nice try Dan but your Dads brain is still in good working order.
Just before Christmas I went to Gainsborough Organ Society Christmas concert in my traditional role as 'clothes horse' .This time the coven who organise this thing decided that I may not be up to a female part, so dressed me as an Edwardian Carol Singer ( pictures on facebook ). Made a pleasant change from the usual slappers which they dress me up as!!!!.Lynn was dressed  as the Fairy on the Christmas Tree ( same photo ). Good costume but when she tripped, she found out that the wings were not up to the job, she is now known as ' Orville' the duck that cant fly !
Managed to walk to the 'Lion' on Christmas Eve and whilst I'm still regulating my alcohol intake, had a good couple of hours. The frustrating thing is that I cant stand for more than 2 or 3 minutes before my leg plays up . Its Ok walking but doesn't like standing, so propping up the bar isn't an option at present.
New Years Eve is planned for Morton village Hall, so hoping for a good night.
Best Wishes to you all for the New Year - I'm really amazed at the number of people reading this thing from so many different countries, so my very best wishes to you all and I sincerely hope that the New Year brings you peace, good health and happiness.
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment