Sunday 10 May 2020

Time flies when you're having fun

Good Evening All,
I was amazed to note that I haven't updated the post since February last year. Life has been a bit hectic but I didn't realise how hectic it has been.
First things first. I'm still alive and kicking. I've had no recurrence and have adapted to life with no feeling below my upper lip. It is crucial that I don't lose concentration. If I do, my mouth falls open and my tongue drops out to the right side. It happens very rarely as I'm used to controlling it now. Similarly, I occasionally lose drink, particularly the last dregs from a mug. This dribble occurs approx. every couple of days but rarely when I am in company so must be a concentration issue too. Never dribbled with wine or beer - make of that what you will.
The regime of checking and reviewing both general and oral health continues and gives me confidence that I could be here for a while to come.
My private life has seen some major changes. My wife and I decided to move closer to our sons and grandchildren. We had lived in our village in Lincolnshire for over 40 years so it was quite an upheaval. Added to that we decided to downsize as I was getting bored of looking after a third of an acre, We looked at over 50 properties in East Anglia before we finally settled and negotiated to buy a bungalow in a quiet village in West Suffolk. The move itself was fairly traumatic as the timescales among the chain of buyers and sellers was fraught with deadlines and hissy fits. We decided to move out before we had completed on our new property and lived in a caravan for a few weeks. Now firmly installed in our new home we are updating, redecorating, re-carpeting and re-designing to suit our needs.
The trip to Birmingham is around a similar distance and timescale as from Lincolnshire so no problems with developing HANCUK, although the recent lockdown has curtailed plans a little.
Hope to be more active on here in future.
Best wishes
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment