Friday 11 May 2012

Still here

Dear all,
Apologies for the delay, but the blog has been changed by some bright spark and I had to find my way round it ( as many of you know, I'm not the most techno-savvy bloke in the world ).
The mouth is healing well but the stitches remain.Apparently they are supposed to self-destruct but mine seem to want to remain in situ. but then again, I never like parting with anything.The swelling has gone down and I am back to my normal ( for me ) diet. Still not able to bite but I can give most things a good suck. Drinking through a straw was interesting. Guinness through a straw was not as different as I expected,but it still doesn't beat using a glass.The next visit to Birmingham has been deferred until June 8th,so I can get on with living for a while without waiting for my next appointment.The plan changes regularly, the latest is that I will be complete by Christmas after one further op and a series of procedures ( whatever they may be ).
The leg stubbornly refuses to heal.  District Nurses continue to try different techniques/creams once or twice a week. Its almost there but not quite.
I have kept quiet about my television career, but can now confirm that I was filmed as part of a documentary focusing on the work of the consultant who remodelled my face. However, my bit has been pulled from the final programme called 'Men who make faces' on Channel 5 in a few weeks time  .I guess that my face didn't fit ??
Social life is going well.We went to Essex for Hannahs 30th, my new daughter-in-law had organised a group to go for Sunday lunch. I met with some people who had been to the wedding (which I missed) and I was able to hold my own.The lunch was excellent but I had a much reduced choice from the menu.
Tuesday night was my first since the op. having a couple of pints with one of my male friends.It was good to get out and talk engineering and football.Saturday night was our monthly dinner dance ( bit of a misnomer for me as I dont dance at present and dinner is sometimes a challenge - but the company is always good) Had a superb lunch in midweek with some friends in a pub in the south of the County.
Managed to get a few holes of Golf in despite the weather.The course has suffered over the past few weeks, one of them has been closed regularly. I managed to get a few overs umpiring in last week with no after effects but I need to stand for a full 40 overs before I decide whether to umpire weekend games. We are going away for a few days, just a short break in the Chilterns/Cotswolds.Watch the weather improve !!
Blog again soon.
Best Wishes
Chris
.


No comments:

Post a Comment