Friday 10 February 2012

Almost four months gone

Good Afternoon All,
Another week gone and not much to report. The foul tasting anti-biotics have been consigned to history but appear to have done the job as the wound continues to heal. The shoulder exercises are going well, I've got much more movement and can now swing a club, so a bit more leg improvement and we'll be chasing white balls around Thonock Park. Worst comes to the worst, I could hire a buggy , but you all know I'm a bit tight.
The exercise regime is now in full swing, I'm walking just over a mile every day without much after effect but I've been warned not to overdue it by the district nurse ( perhaps she might have had a different view if she had seen me last Saturday ). We had a blockage in the sewerage pipe ( lovely ). I managed to get 27 yards of drain rods down it before I found the blockage , which was under the footpath outside our house.Good news, the change of laws last year means that the problem was in Anglian Waters bit, so a quick phone call and out came a man with a van - an hour later, problem solved, so my 2 hours of rodding in sub zero temperatures was not in vain, but I'm a long way from fitness.
Birmingham hasn't set a date for my next op yet but I should know in a fortnight or so - I hope I get a bit of notice as I'm setting up dates for the next few months. Booked 4 holidays to date ( not a ski-ing holiday yet, but it will come next year).
Fridays meal at the Cross Keys went very well, apart from the lack of alcohol, I managed to pick enough from the menu to have a nice meal without having to chew. Social life somewhat curtailed due to the snow fall over the last week but gave me a chance to catch up on all the filing I had stuffed into a heap over the last 3 years- didn't realise how much time my job took up but everything is in order now.Time to take on the utilities !
Best Wishes to all
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment